Sunday, September 30 from 2:15 pm – 7:15 pm
Leaving from and returning to City Hall
Registration: Register by September 24 in the Parks Office or online at www.bloomington.in.gov/farmersmarket (the code is 36505A). There are no refunds after the registration deadline. Prior to the deadline, September 24, there is a $3 administrative fee for cancellations.
Join us for an afternoon immersed in a farm’s diverse ecosystem. Ewenique Farms offers a special opportunity to learn more about a myriad of all-natural farm practices. We will tour the farm and enjoy the sun on a hay wagon, then share the afternoon with lambs and longhorn calves while learning to separate the chaff from the wheat and grind the grain. The evening concludes with a simple meal of seasonal soup, home-baked bread from Muddy Fork, and cookies.
The seeds of “Ewe”nique Farm were planted more than 100 years ago, when the family initially began farming the area. “Ewe”nique strives to protect the land, promote nutrient-dense diets and improve the local ecology. The family stays close to their roots by pasturing sheep, grinding their own grains for breads and pastry, and following organic methods of production.
Detailed information is available at www.bloomington.in.gov/farmersmarket or by contacting Marcia Veldman at 349-3738 or email@example.com. Co-sponsored by the Local Growers Guild and Bloomingfoods Market and Deli, with special thanks to Muddy Fork Farm and Harvest Moon Flower Farm.
Participant Tips and Itinerary
- Dress comfortably and in layers. Other than the time on the bus, we will be outside all day, walking on uneven terrain.
- You may want to bring a hat, sunscreen, a snack and water.
- The tour takes place rain or shine. The schedule may be altered in the event of severe weather.
- It’s just over an hour’s drive on school buses. You may want to bring a pillow.
- Itinerary (this is to give you a general idea of the flow of the day, times may vary)
o 1:30 pm Check-in Begins
o 2:15 pm Buses depart Showers Common
o 3:30 pm Arrive at “Ewe”nique Farm
o 5 pm Dinner on the Farm
o 6:00 pm Buses depart